An Otaku FanGirl's Blog of All things Girly, Nerdy and Fun!!

NEW GAME ALERT! A Knight’s Devotion – Voltage Inc – First Impression

IMG_6490I got so excited when I saw that this game was released. Voltage in my opinion is doing amazing at bringing out games in a timely fashion. It’s honestly been hard with work and everything else to keep up with all the updates and new games which makes me happy that I’ve always got something new to play.

IMG_6422

IMG_6423 IMG_6424 IMG_6425 IMG_6426This is the same as any other voltage paid game. The init a download of the game is free. You can play the prologue for free as well. Then to buy a Main character story it will be $3.99 and for other stories which are not available yet for this game range from $1.99-2.99.

The Premise is almost the same as My Sweet Bodyguard – in fact it’s exactly the same just in a fantasy world. You are a normal girl till one day some guys come after you! Then you get saved by a bunch of knights and they reveal to you that you are in fact the daughter of the king – Princess of the Kingdom Rapier and the only heir to the throne!  You are summoned to the Castle but you have to Choose between the 5 Knights to escort you there.

The drawings are really good. In fact I think these sprites are the some of the best ones I’ve seen. But they also look so similar to their MSB counterparts. Ken looks almost exactly like Kaiji, and Kenshi from LLFTX (lol). My favourite sprite so far is Shion. He is pretty unique looking actually.  I would play him first but he is not available to play at the moment. Gaia also I want to play because he seems like a super sexy knight version of Katsuragi from MSB. Can I just say though, that every time I hear the name Gaia from anywhere I always think of the cartoon ‘Captain Planet’ because Whoopi Goldberg Voiced the Character Gaia in that- Its hard to take seriously anyone who has that name!

I love archer characters so I decided I’m going to start Haku’s story first. His story seems like it would be a hit or miss…because he reminds me of Riki….

The Soundtrack is not bad. It’s a bit cheesy, like the old school medieval style RPGS.  It comes in the same new format as “My Sweet Bodyguard” where there are no save points because automatically saves your spot for you. It doesn’t crash every time you switch apps or get a phone call, which is nice. What’s nice about this one is that the Reward pictures in this one you get the full picture from the original game! I was disappointed with MSB because the reward pictures were cropped version of the Japanese ones. We didn’t get the full picture like in the Japanese version of the game. So far the game has crashed once on me but it wasn’t a big deal, Other than that I haven’t had many problems with bugs or anything however I’d probably need to play the game more to really see.

I’m about halfway done Haku’s route and so far his story I find amazing. I can’t wait to finish it and do another one. So far I’m really enjoying this game, In the beginning I was kind of skeptical because it was so similar to MSB but I’m happy with what I’ve experienced so far!

Although its already April, There is a Snowstorm happening outside right now and the wind is very strong it feels like its going to break my walls apart. I am going to go hide in my bed and play the rest of this route! GOOD NIGHT!

Download “A Knight’s Devotion” for Android Devices here and Apple Devices here.

Advertisements

16 responses

1. Oh I can´t wait for your character review! 😀 I´ll be waiting for it!

April 12, 2013 at 11:14 am

2. NekoNomi

How do you save I can’t find the save button

April 13, 2013 at 6:23 pm

• OtomeJunkie!

its saves automatically at the beginning at every chapter. So if you exit the game in the middle of a chapter it will resume at the beginning of that chapter. Its convenient and not convenient at the same time. I kind of find it annoying that I can’t save at the exact spot i’m at… but at least when I change to another window or app it doesn’t crash the game.

April 13, 2013 at 6:47 pm

3. Lauren

I’m a sucker for Knights so I’ll definitely be playing this one.

April 14, 2013 at 5:20 pm

4. NaiveGirl

I played his story first also and when it was near the ending that part where the “king” said “Who are you? You aren’t the princess!” I was soo confused and didn’t expect it XD
    So after that I played the other two and was scared that they were all gonna be like that too~

What did you think of it?

April 17, 2013 at 4:12 am

• OtomeJunkie!

I think Haku’s is the one with the most Plot twists. I really loved that plot twist I was like “WTTTFFFFFFF?!?!?!” Too HAHA. After playing all three characters I still like Haku’s the best followed by Lutes.

April 18, 2013 at 1:16 am

5. Karen

Hi! Do you know how to unlock Shion’s character? Do we have to play all stories with other knights before I can play Shion’s? Thank you ^^

April 17, 2013 at 9:22 pm

• OtomeJunkie!

Shion’s character and Gaia’s character arnt available yet

April 18, 2013 at 1:16 am

6. Rebecca Mickel

I bought the game yesterday and was disappointed that I had to pay for each character’s storyline. I thought when I purchased the app I’d get to go through all of them. Since that’s not the case I’m deleting the app and never purchasing again. I paid $3.99 for just the one story line and I’ve played better apps for much less. I will probably never purchase another app of this type because of this instance. You’ve lost a future customer. Oh and by the way any of you out there looking for “knight of my heart”, it’s the same app with different cartoon characters and names. It’s the SAME exact story don’t waste your money buying both.

April 24, 2013 at 2:26 pm

• OtomeJunkie!

I don’t make these games, I just review them.

April 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm

7. Kelly

I bought Haku but it keeps crashing! I’m gonna cry! I can’t even finish chapter one ! I always need to play it again and again hoping it won’t crash and i’m tired of playing only chapter 1 over and over…:'(

June 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm

• OtomeJunkie!

What your going to have to do is, erase the game completely off your phone. Turn your phone off, and then turn it back on, and then download the game again. Then you need to “restore purchases” and have everything download again. It crashes when the parts of the story/program doesn’t download properly. I had this problem with BMP and I’ve had it at least once with all the games

June 4, 2013 at 10:08 pm

• Kelly

OMG Thank you sooooooo much!! It works :’D ❤

June 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm

8. Denise

Where do we go to save the reward pictures? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

July 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm

• OtomeJunkie!

It’s in the chapters section. So if you have played the story already, start the game, choose “choose character” and choose the character you have played already and it will open the chapters section. pictures will be in their respective chapters.

July 8, 2013 at 11:03 pm